July 12, 2010

Peaches 'n Cream...I mean Buttermilk

I can get overly zealous at the farmer's market, buying more than I need. Lately, I end up home with more stone fruit that I can handle...and I need a bit of a break from crisps and cobblers. This weekend's solution was a healthy buttermilk peach ice cream. The peaches and a touch of brown sugar are all the sweetness you need and the tanginess of the buttermilk is the perfect balance.

the method

6 ripe peaches
2 T. honey
1/4 C brown sugar
juice of half a lemon
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. almond extract
dash of cinnamon
2 C. buttermilk

peel and chop peaches. add everything except the buttermilk and puree. stir in buttermilk and put into ice cream machine. if you have a sweeter tooth, increase brown sugar to 1/2 C. and add up to 1/4 C. white sugar, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment