December 7, 2010

Gift Guide: I

I LOVE a gift guide. Go nuts for them. It probably started with In Style magazine. My favorite section has always been 'For The Person Who Has Everything.' The fantasy gifts: flying lessons at Top Gun, a piece of Mars, caviar of the month club, lunch and shopping with Karl Lagerfeld, morning cappuccino delivery for a year and, on my wish list, Alice Waters plants you a garden. BUT, I also appreciate the attainable, useful gift guide. Where did they go? Now everything seems so over the top. So I offer my humble gift guide, starting with these easy to make oils and vinegars. Use old bottles or find new ones at World Market or the Container store, buy oil and vinegar in bulk and fill with a variety of herbs and spices. Pair together for hostess gifts and favors, also pretty under the tree! My favorite flavors: apple cider dill vinegar, fennel champagne vinegar, rosemary garlic extra virgin olive oil, lemon chili extra virgin olive oil and cinnamon maple syrup (give with pumpkin pancake mix).

1 comment:

AMELIA ALVAREZ said...

This post reminds me that you owe me sky diving.

Not that I want to do it or anything.
xx

Post a Comment