December 13, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree

After decking my halls and discovering Pandora's Christmas station (Nutcracker tunes and I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus on loop at my house!) I am in full blown holiday cheer. So, I just had to have another Christmas dinner party. It all had to be made in advance, so a red and green lasagna and simple salad were perfect solutions. With the boxes of greens I picked from my mom's in Central Oregon, I made swags for everyone's setting and favor. And my Christmas cards served double duty as place cards. The glow of a tree, the smell of fresh greens, the taste of warm ginger cookies and the company of loved ones, really do make this the most magical time of the year.
The Menu

for sitting by the tree

champagne cocktails

fennel salami, noccellara olives, rosemary cashews, kale chips

roasted garlic white bean spread on zucchini and cucumber rounds

for sitting at the table

red and green bibb lettuces with a balsamic fennel vinaigrette and parmigiano reggiano ribbons

red and green spinach lasagna with burrata

back by the tree

santa platter: ginger cookies, almond frosted sugar cookies, spice drops, almond rocca and candy canes

1 comment:

Unknown said...

your christmas tree look wow
haha nice bLog
hugh
http://serah-de-fashix.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment